Beauty By The Ages
Everyone is different. What may suit one person won’t suit the next. We all age differently depending on our lifestyle, genetics and sometimes just pure luck! We’ve come up with a guide on how to treat our skin that should suit most people! What suits your skin?
Your Skin In Your 20s
Acne & The First Signs of Ageing
- Acne can happen at any age and is extremely prevalent in your 20s. Before you may even think about anti ageing treatments, try find the true cause for your acne. Untreated acne can cause scarring which is another problem in itself as it can also be hard to cover with makeup and can affect our confidence
- At 25 we see the first visible signs of aging as the skin begins to replace skin cells more slowly leaving a lifeless appearance.
- Depending on your lifestyle, the effects of sun damage also become far more noticeable.
- See a skin health specialist
- Acne treatments such as the Zo Skin Health and Medical Range, including Cebatrol Oil Pads, are available and these must be prescribed after a consultation.
- HydraFacial MD for overall skin health
- Medical Microneedling for acne scarring
- Botox helps prevent premature lines from forming
Your Skin in your 30s
When we hit our 30s the lines which had started to show in our 20s increase in number as collagen in our skin breaks down:
- More fine lines develop as collagen and elastin breakdown in the skin and our delicate skin under both the eyes begins to thin.
- Dynamic wrinkles become evident, and occur whenever we make a facial expression like frowning or smiling.
- Repeated creasing of the skin in these areas leads to longer-term or ‘static’ wrinkles, as the creases stay even when we’re not frowning.
- ZO Skincare Range – ,Maintain overall skin health as well as anti aging serums and products
- HydraFacial MD
- Botox prevents other lines from forming as well as helping to ease fine lines
- Dermal fillers rejuvenate the face to replace any collagen lost in our cheeks which may have caused a droop in our face
- Lip Fillers will restore thinning lips due to lost collagen.
- PRP or the Vampire Facial rejuvenates your skin as well as restoring lost collagen.
Your Skin In Your 40s
During our 40’s the lines which had been forming become deeper and more entrenched and the tell tale signs of ageing like wrinkles around our eyes (crows feet) start to show.
- Deeper lines begin to form around our mouth and eyes.
- Furrows appear on the forehead and circles under the eyes may grow into pouches. Skin becomes noticeably drier and static wrinkles deepen.
- We also experience loss of facial volume, as cheeks start to sag.
The last 5 years of our 40s is when our hormones start to change which in turn makes you face become thinner.
- Skin becomes thinner, partly because of hormonal changes, thus losing much of its strength and elasticity.
- Lifestyle choices such as smoking and sun exposure are really evident now as skin is unforgiving and lacks the elasticity and hydration it once had.
Your Skin At 50
From the age of 50+ your skin starts to look dull and tired.
- Unless preventative or corrective measures are taken, skin looks old, dull, tired and thin.
- Skin is often pigmented and wrinkled.
The treatments advised in our 40s and 50s are very similar but entirely dependent on the individual getting them!
- ZO Skincare Range
- HydraFacial MD
- Liquid Facelift – Using a combination of Dermal Filler and Botox we can completely rejuvenate the face. By restoring volume to the face we can create a lift that can give us years back.
- Silhouette Soft Thread Lift – The Silhouette Soft works by adding threads to the face in the areas needed, These threads not only give an immediate lift but over months help rebuild your own collagen in your face!
Skin Tips For All Ages
- Wear SPF everyday to prevent sun damage and pigmentation
- Consult a Skin Health Specialist to make sure your Skin routine is what you need
- Maintain your Skin Health with personalised treatments such as the HydraFacial MD
If you would like to arrange a consultation to see how your skin could be treated then give us a call on +353 1 676 1074 or contact us online for more info!