Results of The Irish Aesthetic and Medical Survey 2016 + Infographic
A couple of weeks ago we asked you to take our survey focused on Cosmetic and Aesthetic trends in Ireland, trying to find just what people thought and felt about the Aesthetic industry in Ireland. Check out the survey results and the infographic below (click to view larger version) to find out what you thought!
Aesthetic and Medical Survey 2016 – Who Did It?
65 people in total completed the Survey:
- 62 of theses identified as female while only 3 identified as male.
- The Average Age was 39, however we had an age range of 21 – 65
Out of our 65 participants:
52% answered yes while only 48% said they had never had Aesthetic Treatment!
Of those who had never had a cosmetic treatment:
27% said they were not interested in having any treatment while lip filler and Botox were the most sought after procedures with 18% each.
|Liquid Face Lift||10%|
Those who said other sought after either dark circle correction or were open to almost any treatment.
Who’s Having Aesthetic Treatments in Ireland?
The majority of people who took part in our survey have had some type of Non Surgical Aesthetic Treatment!The average age for the first time getting a non-surgical treatment was 35 however, this age ranged from 18 to 65!
The most popular treatment for people’s first time was by far Botox/Anti Wrinkle Injection:
1st Time Treatment
|Botox / Anti Wrinkle Injections||66%|
When asked what treatments they were most interested in getting or repeating, Botox again topped the list:
|Botox / Anti Wrinkle Injections||38%|
Celebrities, Cosmetic Treatments and Social Media
We asked all of our respondents would they be influenced by a celebrity in getting a cosmetic or aesthetic treatment done:
“83% said no while only 17% said yes”
We then wanted to find out if they were more aware of treatments that had become popular with celebrities compared to those that hadn’t. When asked if they had heard of PRP treatment a whopping 82% said no, however when asked about the ‘Vampire Facial’ 72% said yes!
PRP Treatment is the correct name for the ‘Vampire facial’ that has been made famous by celebrities, perhaps we are more influenced by celebrities than we thought.Do you know someone who had or regularly has aesthetic treatments?
- Yes- 66%
- No – 25%
- Don’t know- 9%
Skin Care Regime
We then wanted to find out how much people spend on the average skin care as well as how they buy it:What is your average monthly spend on Skin Care?
|€0 – €50||54%|
|€51 – €100||22%|
|€101 – €150||12%|
|€151 – €200||6%|
|€201 – €250||2%|
|€401 – €450||2%|
|€501 – €550||2%|
Where do you buy your products?
Other options that were popular were Supermarkets Health Stores and receiving them as gifts!
Have you had either of these treatments?
What Do The Irish Aesthetic and Medical Survey 2016 Results Show Us?
- There is still a secrecy surrounding Aesthetic treatments however this shows that most treatments are not obvious.
- Most people are still unwilling to to talk about about getting non surgical treatments such as Botox
- The majority of people would be willing to have a non- surgical Aesthetic treatment
- The average age for your first treatment is 35 but this looks set to decrease
- Botox is still the number 1 treatment that people are getting or that they want
- In the future lip fillers look set become the most popular first treatment.
- People are more open to the idea of having non surgical procedures – this is similar to a recent study done in the US.
- The majority of people still buy their skincare from a chemist. Chemists are only allowed to stock cosmetic products which have no effect on the skin.
- We are influenced by celebrities in what treatments we are aware of which then likely lead to what treatments we may end up getting.